Grenian Hydrogen Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice informs you about how we use and look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit from), when we provide our products and services to you and informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. For the purposes of this document, references to “Grenian” shall mean Grenian Hydrogen Limited.
Additionally, references to “ICO” shall mean the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or the equivalent authority in non-UK jurisdictions.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Grenian collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, or when you request information about other products or services from Grenian or otherwise communicate with us, when we provide our products and services to you, when information and personal data is provided to us and when you seek employment with Grenian, including submitting a CV or job application. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements these other notices and is not intended to override them.
Grenian is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Grenian”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Grenian is made up of different legal entities, including holding companies, partners and affiliates, with the principal entity being Grenian Hydrogen Limited. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the Grenian Group so when we mention “Grenian”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company within the Grenian Group responsible for processing your data. This privacy notice applies to such data and the relevant Grenian Group company processes such data on behalf of the controller in accordance with this privacy notice. Grenian Hydrogen Limited is responsible for this website. We may share your personal data with any of the entities in the Grenian Group, some of which are located outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area, as further described in section 6 below. Grenian is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights (including any opt-out mentioned in this privacy notice), please contact them using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Name: Grenian Hydrogen Limited
Postal Address: 38f Swan House, Bonds Mill, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL10 3RF
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0)1453 791565
Contact Email Address: info@GrenianHydrogen.com
If you have a complaint relating to such data, please contact Grenian by email, telephone or post at the above address. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or the equivalent authorities in non-UK jurisdictions. We would, however, prefer to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or other competent authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 19th May 2023 and previous versions can be obtained by contacting us. We may modify this privacy notice at any time but will provide advance notice of any material changes by either posting a notice to you or via our websites or by email to provide you with the opportunity to review these changes and choose whether or not to continue using our products or services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Who we are
Grenian Hydrogen Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 14728130 and is headquartered at 38f Swan House, Bonds Mill, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL10 3RF. Grenian is a Grenian Hydrogen Limited develops projects that will supply renewable green hydrogen to major industry partners in the North West and North Wales.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data which does not relate to an identified or identifiable person (anonymous data).
Your personal data will be held securely in Grenian’s systems and archives. This will include personal data you provide to us, and any additional personal information provided by you or others in various ways.
We may collect, process, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: includes title, forenames, surname, user name or similar identifier, and your image as may be recorded on CCTV when you visit certain of our offices.
- Contact Data: includes correspondence and billing address, delivery address, post code, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address (a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you use or request anything from our website which is used to monitor your usage of our website), your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and our services.
Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to enable us to decide how to improve the usefulness and efficiency of our websites. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You or your representatives may give us your personal data by filling in forms, giving us information in hard copy or electronically or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- view our websites or other pages including LinkedIn or Facebook pages;
- seek information on our products and services;
- request marketing or our publications to be sent to you;
- attend our offices or events or promotions or complete a survey or enter competitions;
- give us some feedback;
- seek employment with us
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the United Kingdom, Guernsey, Jersey and the European Economic Area (EEA);
- search information providers based inside the UK, Guernsey, Jersey and the EEA, and where necessary and/ or relevant, outside those areas;
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when allowed by law. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with our clients.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party, such as our clients and investors) and your interests
- and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message if you are a private individual, sole trader or partnership. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time. Please see the “Opting out” section below.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data;
- To establish you as a new customer or partner
- To manage the efficient operation of our business and the provision of products and services and also protect our business and this website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data
- To deliver relevant website content and marketing to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Type of processing undertaken
Grenian will process your data only to the extent necessary to comply with the above purposes and activities, in particular in providing the products and services to which you have agreed. Data will be processed for as long as is necessary either under the terms of the contract between us or required by law. The processing of the data will include collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation, amending or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction. Data may be processed electronically or manually, including being stored electronically or as a paper copy. We do not take decisions about you using automated decision-making software.
We will always give the opportunity to manage your marketing preferences, including the ability to opt out of our marketing. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you might want or what might be of interest to you. Please see the “Opting Out” section below.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for an event or a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Recording phone calls
We may monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to resolve queries or issues. Our lawful basis for doing this is the performance of our contract with you. We may also monitor or record phone calls with you for regulatory purposes (the lawful basis on which we do this is so as to comply with our legal obligations), to help improve our quality of service, to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes, and for staff training purposes (the lawful basis for these activities being our and your legitimate interests).
Using information on websites and social networking sites
As part of our ongoing commitment to understanding our customers and partners better, we may research comments and opinions made public without restriction on websites and social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. The lawful basis on which we do this is our and your legitimate interests.
Grenian will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. The unsubscribe email address is: unsubscribe@Grenianhydrogen.com.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of engaging with Grenian via a product or service or other transaction with Grenian.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share the personal data we hold about with Grenian agents for the following activities:
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints.
- Updating, consolidating, and improving the accuracy of our records.
- Testing new systems and checking upgrades to existing systems.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of marketing, and for market research and training.
- Statistical analysis with the aim of developing and improving products and services.
- Managing your relationship with Grenian
By sharing this information, it enables us to better understand you and your business’ needs and manage our relationship efficiently. Your personal information may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission, or, in very limited circumstances, when permitted by Data Protection legislation.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes and on the lawful basis set out in Section 4 above.
- Other companies within the Grenian Group structure
- External Third Parties including:
- Service providers acting as processors, which provide operational, administrative, IT system and network security services (including organisations which host data on their servers in the “cloud”, where appropriate).
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, which provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers, which require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Service providers including market researchers, fraud prevention agencies, etc.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge all or parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International transfers
From time to time we may need to share your personal data with organisations which may be based outside the United Kingdom, Guernsey, Jersey and the European Economic Area (EEA). We take steps to ensure that any international transfer of information is managed carefully and in accordance with data protection law to protect your rights and interests.
These measures include:
- Transfers of your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection for personal data;
- We have obtained the explicit consent of data subjects to the international transfer of their personal data;
Transfers to organisations where we are satisfied about their data privacy and security standards and protected by contractual commitments such as signing the Standard Contractual Clauses and, where available, further assurances such as certification schemes.
You have the right to ask us for more information about our safeguards. Please contact Grenian whose contact details are set out above.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
We may sometimes anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may also retain your personal data where necessary to pursue our legitimate interests (for instance, to be able to defend Grenian against alleged or actual claims or legal actions).
9. What are your rights?
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the rights to:
- request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request that we supply you (or a nominated third party) with an electronic copy of the personal data that you have provided to us;
- inform us of a correction to your personal data;
- exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal data
- exercise your right to erase your personal data; or
- object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data (such as automated decision making, or profiling (for example to help us decide what products and services would suit you best); or
- understand the basis of international transfers of your data by us.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to obtain and use your personal data then you have the right to object if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Where processing is carried out based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
Your ability to exercise these rights will depend on a number of factors and in some instances, we will not be able to comply with your request e.g. because we have legitimate grounds for not doing so or where the right does not apply to the particular data we hold on you.
You should note that if you exercise certain of these rights we may be unable to continue to provide some or all of our services to you (e.g. where the personal data is required by us to comply with a statutory requirement or is necessary in order for us to perform our contract with you).
Please contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate.
You may also exercise a right to complain to your Supervisory Authority (see https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en for a list of national supervisory authorities). Please contact Grenian if you wish to exercise any of your rights.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. Please note there may be some latency in deleting your personal data from all our systems and those of any third parties which process such data on our behalf.